The Institute embraces the idea that no one sector can effect change in isolation or in conflict with one another. Participants are challenged to think about the impacts of land use decisions from perspectives other than their own and to foster dialogue between professional sectors and geographic regions.
The Core Curriculum of the ULI SC Sustainable Leadership Institute
- Teach best practices in land use
- Instill triple bottom line thinking
- Teach the principles of leadership; John Gardener
- Teach a respectful dialogue among peers and public sectors
- Teach ULI behavior through case studies and role playing