NEW DATE: South Carolina Food & Real Estate Forum: Exploring the Intersection of Food & Real Estate
South Carolina Food & Real Estate Forum: Exploring the Intersection of Food & Real Estate
Please join ULI South Carolina and Lowcountry Local First at the upcoming Charleston Area Food & Real Estate Forum on November 30. The day kicks off with a networking lunch by Chelsey Conrad of Butcher & Bee. The event continues with lively conversations regarding the intersection of real estate and agriculture – the benefits of building food-related elements into development projects, expected returns, and effective partnership structures. Hear from ULI members Steve Zoukis, Steve Navarro, as well as Ann Kulze, best-selling author, founder & CEO, Just Wellness, LLC and Post & Courier Food Editor, Hanna Raskin. We’ll finish off the day with a cocktail reception and tour of the Magnolia Community Garden.
The mission of the SC Department of Agriculture is to promote and nurture the growth and development of South Carolina’s agriculture industry and related businesses. We are proud to support the Urban Land Institutes efforts in encouraging communities to become better connected with where their food comes from.
- Ann Kulze, best-selling author, founder & CEO, Just Wellness, LLC
Featuring ULI Real Estate Experts:
- Steve Dudash, Thomas & Hutton
- Steve Navarro, The Furman Company
- Diana Permar, Permar, Inc.
- Carter Redd, The Beach Company
- Stephen Zoukis, Raven Cliff Company
Expert Panelists & Food Entrepreneurs including:
- Lindsey Barrow, Lowcountry Street Grocery
- Sarah Clow, Growfood Carolina
- Katie Donahoe, Wando High School Agriculture Instructor
- Ben Gibson, Ashley Ridge High School Agriculture Instructor
- Drew Harrison, The Green Heart Project
- Germaine Jenkins, Chicora Community Garden
- Carmen Ketron, MUSC Urban Farm
- Harry Lesesne, Charleston Parks Conservancy
- Hannah Raskin, The Post & Courier
- Carl Sobicinski, Table 301, Greenville, SC
- Stefanie Swackhamer, Tiger Corner Farms
- Brian Wheat, Director of Sustainable Agriculture, Lowcountry Local First
- Others to be confirmed!
|11:30am–12:30pm||Registration & Networking Lunch (featuring fresh food from a local chef/farm), Welcome & Meet the Chef|
|12:45 –1:30pm||Keynote Presentation|
|1:30–2:30pm||Panel Discussion: Bridging the Gap—Food, Economic Development, Equity & Health, Moderated by Diana Permar, Permar, Inc.|
|2:45-3:45pm||Panel Discussion: Returns on Investment—Health, Community & Real Estate, Featuring Carter Redd, The Beach Company and Steve Zoukis, Raven Cliff Company|
|4:00–4:30pm||Inspiring Innovation: Lightning round presentations from passionate experts on how to create safer, healthier places to live & work, Moderated by Hannah Raskin, The Post & Courier|
|4:30pm||Tour of the Magnolia Community Garden|
$40 for YLG, students, public sector & nonprofits; $65 for members; $85 for non-members
Thank You to Our Host Sponsor
Thank You to Our Presenting Sponsors
Additional sponsorship opportunities available! Contact Amy Barrett at email@example.com for details.